"International terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
· Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
· Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
· Occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S., or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.*
"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
· Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
· Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
· Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
It would seem to me, based on the law composed by the right wing itself, that a case of domestic and international terrorism could be made against Tea Party Republicans, and that the Tea Party could be declared a terrorist organization. Their actions endanger human life and violate the law which requires the nation’s bills be paid and laws observed. Their actions are intended to intimidate the majority of Americans into accepting a whiter, more evangelical approach to reality. They’re willing to destroy the federal government to feed their irrational lust for power and glory. These Tea Partying Republican terrorists are also willing to bring down the entire global system to achieve their sadistically spectacular orgasm of grief and suffering, making their perversity international in scope.
If there was ever a time for a President to step up and kick ass domestically, it’s now. It’s the Administration’s responsibility to enforce the law. Wouldn’t the FBI, working for free, happily arrest these scoundrels? Do these scalawags not deserve the same treatment as the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt or the Taliban?
Are we going to let everything slip away because we refused to see these fascists for what they are? It’s one thing to let them run for office and speak their minds, hold parades and have picnics, it’s quite another to allow them to hijack the government, our freedoms and the global economic system in the name of a Jesus few Christians would recognize.
I voted for Obama because I felt fewer people would die if he were President than Mitt Romney. It seems to me Obama’s failing to act now will result in more death and suffering than if he were to take charge and use the final three years of his administration to set the nation’s house in order so we can confront the challenges of global warming and the disintegration of our planetary ecosystem.
It’s now or never. It’s time to stop being nice, to end the politeness and get real before it’s too late. We’ve let the children scream and carry on enough.